Self-Leveling Epoxy could be used to coat floors, countertops, bar tops, and even tabletops. Using Self Leveling Epoxy is a great idea for these applications but you need to use the right Self Leveling Epoxy product. This is in order for you to enjoy benefits such as durability, easy maintenance, attractive looks, slip resistance, environmental resistance, and more.
Seeing how important it is that the right Self Leveling Epoxy product is used, we would discuss some products that come highly recommended here. You should read on so that you know what they offer and if you should get them.
What Is a Self-Leveling Epoxy?
This is a special coating that is made up of epoxy. As suggested by the name, the application process is easy as you would have less work to do leveling the coating to have a uniform and even spread. These products after they are fully prepared can be used to coat countertops, bar tops, tabletops, and floors.
After fully preparing the item or floor to be coated, you would have to prepare the Self Leveling Epoxy before applying it. Especially with flooring, tools such as an epoxy gear rake and spiked shoes will be required.
Where Can You Buy Self-Leveling Epoxy?
Self-Leveling Epoxy can be purchased online and in brick-and-mortar stores. If you choose to get it offline, make sure you are getting it from a store that is specialized in selling epoxy and similar items.
Ensuring that the product has been exposed to the right warehousing conditions is one of the reasons for this. Also, this is so that you can get the right products as stores that specialize in the sales of these products are likely to know and sell the ideal products.
However, some retail brands that sell general merchandise are still known to sell the best Self Leveling Epoxy in the right condition. Walmart and Home Depot are examples in this regard.
If you decide to get it online, there are also online retail brands that sell these products. Ecommerce platforms like Walmart, Amazon, and Home Depot are examples in this regard.
Best Self Leveling Epoxy for 2022
Several benefits come with using Self Leveling Epoxy for the several applications it can be used for. But a lot depends on your ability to get hold and use the right product. This is why you should know some of the good options. Against this backdrop, here are some of the Self Leveling Epoxy products that we recommend:
Pro Marine Self Leveling Epoxy
Self-leveling epoxy products can be used to coat items where food will be prepared such as kitchen countertops. This product is food grade and so it can be used for coating items that are used in the kitchen.
- Even Distribution of Epoxy Coating Is Easy – It truly lives up to its expectation as a self-leveling epoxy product in this regard
- Can Be Used to Coat Many Items – Tabletops, countertops, bar tops…
- It Is Scratch Resistant – This ensures that microbes are not housed in the scratched surface
- It Is Water Resistant – This is one of the reasons it is durable
- Minimal Bubbles that Can Be Cured Easily – Proper mixture of the self-leveling epoxy will cure the bubbles and ensure that the coating is flawless
- Food Grade Epoxy Product
- Free of Volatile Organic Compounds
- Free of Odor
- It Is Easy to Prepare and Apply
- Guarantees a Finish that Is Crystal Clear
- The resin and hardener Bottles Are Small (Although with Effective Content)
Check the current price on Walmart
TotalBoat Self-Leveling Epoxy
Versatility is one of the impressive things about this product. This is seeing how it can be used for coating a wide range of things. It can be used on art and craft, table tops, bar tops, wood, and even concrete.
- Guaranteed Glossy Finish – The item will look appealing once this product is done with it
- A Large Amount of Self-Leveling Epoxy – This product has a lot of resin and hardening content. Consumers would have half a gallon of both each
- It has a Quick Cure Time – The coat can be set for use as fast as 4 – 8 hours
- Good Thickness to Square Feet Ratio – You would cover about 12.8 square feet with just 1/8 inch of this solution (properly mixed resin and hardener)
- It Is a Food Grade Self Leveling Epoxy Product – The approval by the USDA is one of the proofs of this
- Easy Mixture
- Yellowing, Stain, and Scratch Resistance – These make it look great and remain intact
- The Hardeners Cannot Work Properly in High Temperatures – At the very least, high temperatures would drastically reduce the solution’s working time
- It is Not Best Suited for Mold – It is a lot better for tables and large surfaces.
- You Might Need Heat to Ultimately Deal with Some Bubbles
Check the current price on Amazon
Master Protective Coating Self-Leveling Epoxy
This product goes beyond what is used for coating table tops and similar items. The reason is that it is industrial grade in every sense of the word. This makes it the ideal product for coating floors after they have been properly prepared.
- It Offers Durability of the Highest Order – The reason is that it does so well handling wears & tears, yellowing, and even acids
- Can Be Used in Industrial, Commercial, and Even Residential Settings
- This Product’s Self-Leveling Features Enable Uniformity when Coating Floors
- Good Product Coverage – With 3.78 liters of its solution, you can cover an area of between 200 – 300 square feet. This is one of the features that justifies it as cost-effective
- Does Not Do so well Around Water and Condensation in the First 5 Hours – You would need to take care to protect the product from condensation and moisture at this point
Check the current price on Amazon
WiseBond Self-Leveling Epoxy
Other than the fact that this product is good, it is easy to use. It is such that even newbies can make good use of it if they adhere to basic instructions. This is as it concerns mixing, application, and a few other things.
- Great for Coating Several Items – River tables, countertops, live-edge tables, bars, table tops, wood finishes, and other similar items
- It Is Easy to Prepare and Apply It
- Offers an Appealing Coat
- It Is Water Resistant
- It Is Scratch Resistant
- It has UV Resistant Properties
- Users Do Not have Problems with Odors and/or VOC
- It Is Best for Freezing Climates – This is to avoid delamination
- A Heat Gun or Touch Is Needed to Completely Get Rid of Bubbles
Check the current price on homedepot
Frequently Asked Questions about Self-Leveling Epoxy
How Do You Use a Self-Leveling Epoxy?
You would need to prepare the item for a start. This is to ensure that the coat would be well-formed when it is eventually applied. For instance, there may be a need to use equipment such as a grinder for concrete floors. This is to get it properly prepared. It is afterward you are to apply the self-leveling epoxy coat that you must have properly mixed.
How Thick Can Self-Leveling Epoxy Be?
Self-leveling epoxy is supposed to be thick. This is especially considering how they are to deal with heavy foot traffic and properties. All things being equal, it should be nothing less than 2 to 3 mm. And by all standards, its thickness should be more than that of thin coats.
Can You Use Epoxy to Level Concrete?
The idea of using epoxy for leveling concrete slabs that are rough is wrong. This is not how epoxy products are to be used. Rather, you should properly prepare the concrete surface before using products such as self-leveling epoxy.
How Much Does Self-Leveling Epoxy Cost?
As things stand, the cost of using a self-leveling coat for a square foot is between 3 to 7 dollars. It is even more if you are working with water-based products as opposed to fully solid epoxy products.
Can I Level A Floor With Epoxy?
This is very possible, especially with self-leveling epoxy products. This is because achieving an even and seamless finish with this coat is a lot easier.
How long will epoxy countertops last?
It is going to last for a very long while. This is as long as the epoxy resin is mixed well with the hardener, and applied properly as well. Other than lasting for a very long while, it would also look appealing because of its glossy look and feel.
Can You Put Hot Pots On Epoxy Countertops?
Given how moisture resistant a good self-leveling epoxy product should be, a countertop that is coated with it should be able to deal with hot pots placed over it. However, caution is of the essence as it is better to have a base between the hot pot and the coated countertop.
Self-leveling epoxy products can be used to coat a wide range of items (including floors). What you want to coat should influence the product you choose. This is as some are designed for coating floors and some for items such as countertops. You should also go over the recommended products here and choose something that you consider good enough.